all versions |
Warning: Work in progress! Leave feedback on Zulip or Github if you'd like
this doc to be updated.
Toil: Continuous Testing on Many Platforms
- Can a contributor quickly get started with the Oil repo?
- They just want to run bin/osh without installing much
- run spec tests against
- TODO: requires test/spec-bin.sh, which should be moved to
- build oil.ovm tarball
- TODO: build oil-native tarball
- TODO: push metadata to https://github.com/oilshell/tarballs
- you need a Github token for this
- Content lives on http://travis-ci.oilshell.org/tarballs/
- nix environment
- Run spec tests. Can also run the release.
- Alpine (bin-alpine)
- OpenBSD (bin-openbsd)
- Alternate architectures like ARM
All of these build both oil.ovm and oil-native. Need maintainers. We build
them as a "start".
services/toil-worker.sh runs on each build service node. For each job, it
publishes a few files to
- JSON metadata about the commit and build environment
- TSV metadata for each "toil" step
.wwz file (servable zip file) of logs
services/toil_web.py runs on
travis-ci.oilshell.org and reads the
metadata from every job to construct an
Generated on Fri Apr 23 14:40:30 PDT 2021