About This Site
This site is basically a big shell script! It uses Markdown, HTML, and CSS, as
well as Python, R, and C.
- oil/doctools uses CommonMark
to convert Markdown to HTML. It then applies several HTML processors in a
pipeline to produce the final page.
- Syntax highlighting is done with Pygments and our
own regex-based lexers.
- Almost everything is open source, but
blog.py isn't for historical
wwz.py is a FastCGI script that serves static content directly out of zip
files. For example, the entire
tree, with tens of thousands of files, is a single file on the server.
- Make for incremental builds of HTML, and incremental log analysis.
- GNU R for log analysis.
- GNU Bash to glue everything together.
- git to store both the source code and generated HTML.
- rsync to deploy static HTML.